We are happy to be back and serving our community!
We would like to share our insights on how we are implementing new enhanced guidelines, to keep you, your family and our staff safe during this new normal. Our services will look a little different, but one thing that will always remain is the comfort of our center.
As guidelines shift, we will continue to evolve these guidelines in accordance to government guidelines.
Daily Temperature and Health Checks:
- There is a partition at the front desk. All staff and anyone entering the center will have their temperatures checked and will need to answer screening questions required for admittance. Persons who have a fever of 100.40 (38.00C) or above or other signs of illness will not be admitted. We encourage parents to be on the alert for signs of illness in their children and to keep them home when they are sick.
- We require cloth face coverings for adults picking up/dropping off and for children 3 years and up.
- Under our care children will be placed into appropriate age groups and our program has been altered to increase distance between children.
- Staff will assist children to wash hands before they enter/leave, before eating and after bathroom use. Hand sanitizer is located at parent sign-in and throughout the center.
- Our program will have a greater focus on small group activities and rooms have been physically rearranged to promote individual play. We will strive to keep groups of children together with consistent staff.
- Depending on attendance, we may ask to stagger arrival and drop off times and/or have staff meet outside the facility to pick up the children as they arrive. We may plan for curb side drop off and pick up while adhering to social distancing recommendation. Ideally, the same parent or designated person should drop off and pick up the child every day. If possible, older people such as grandparents or those with serious underlying medical conditions should not pick up children, because they are more at risk for severe illness from COVID-19.
- We will plate each child’s meal to serve it so that multiple children are not using the same serving utensils. Staff will ensure children wash hands prior to and immediately after eating. Staff will wash their hands before preparing food and after helping children to eat. Tables are arranged to ensure that there is at least six feet of space between groups, and tables are cleaned and disinfected between meals.
Enhanced Cleaning, Sanitizing and Disinfecting:
- Our team has been trained to routinely clean and disinfect frequently touched surfaces, objects and toys.